The Spirit XE295 Elliptical Cross Trainer features a massive 30lb flywheel, extended 20" stride length and 20 resistance levels for smooth, natural motion, motivating the user to continue exercising. The comfortable, oversized pivoting footplates are kind to the joints and help prevent strain but also have a 3 position adjustment for multiple users, so everyone can gain from greatest comfort.
The stunning looking blue backlit LCD monitor has 10 motivational programmes as well as handlebar mounted controls for easy intensity changes. For added enjoyment it also features a built-in cooling fan to keep the user cool and comfortable. The console has an integrated anatomical figure showing different levels of muscle activation while exercising, and a bar graph showing the heart rate in relation to projected maximum (the user’s age must be first entered while programming). It is 10 degrees adjustable, offering best viewing angle for different users.
- Hill (gradual progression from 10% of maximum effort up to a maximum effort chosen, which lasts for 10% of the total workout time, and gradual regression of resistance back to the 10% of maximum effort).
- Fat Burn (quick progression up to the maximum resistance level, lasting for 2/3 of the workout)
- Cardio (quick progression up to near maximum resistance level, slightly fluctuating to allow the heart to elevate and then recover repeatedly; then a quick cool down. Designed to build up the heart muscle, increase the blood flow and lung capacity)
- Strength (gradual progression of resistance to up to 100% of maximum effort, lasting for 25% of the workout, and followed by a quick cool down. Designed for strength and muscular endurance building in the lower body and glutes)
- Interval (high levels of intensity followed by periods of recovery. Designed to develop those muscle fibres which are used for quick and intense tasks; improves the efficiency of oxygen use in the organism)
- Manual (user-controlled workload)
- 2 x User-defined (custom programming for 2 people, to be saved for future use)
- 2 x Heart Rate (Heart Rate 1 is best for fat burning with a 60% projected heart rate maximum default, Heart 2 works better for cardiovascular conditioning with its 80% of projected heart rate maximum default.