The non-folding platform of the Spirit XT685 Platform Treadmill will survive a number of running sessions; it is designed specifically for those who run frequently. A variable durometer elastomer cushioning in the running deck guarantees comfortable workout, while speed and incline changes can be easily done with the use of Quick Keys or keys integrated in the handlebars (which, additionally, can be disabled when not necessary).
A bright blue backlit 9” LCD console provides feedback on time, speed, distance, calories, incline, programs, heart rate, muscle profile LED reading allowing the user to constantly monitor all the key aspects of a workout session. It also features an anatomical figure on which the degree of activation of specific muscle groups is indicated in different colours (glute, hamstring, quad, calf, pec and arm muscles are lit in Green, Amber or Red, depending on the strain put on them), and a heart rate % profile with similar colour coding. Heart rate measurement with the Spirit XT685 Platform treadmill is easily achieved using the integrated pulse sensors in the handlebar or for the ultimate in accuracy, a chest belt can be used with the built-in receiver.
The console is equipped with 2 speakers and an MP3 audio jack that will make even the most strenuous session a pleasure. There are also 2 water bottle/accessory holders and a reading rack integrated in the console.
The Spirit XT685 Platform treadmill offers a range of workout programmes, including:
- Hill (gradual progression from 10% of maximum effort up to a maximum effort chosen, which lasts for 10% of the total workout time, and gradual regression of resistance back to the 10% of maximum effort).
- Fat Burn (quick progression up to the maximum resistance level, lasting for 2/3 of the workout)
- Cardio (quick progression up to near maximum resistance level, slightly fluctuating to allow the heart to elevate and then recover repeatedly; then a quick cool down. Designed to build up the heart muscle, increase the blood flow and lung capacity)
- Strength (gradual progression of resistance to up to 100% of maximum effort, lasting for 25% of the workout, and followed by a quick cool down. Designed for strength and muscular endurance building in the lower body and glutes)
- Interval (high levels of intensity followed by periods of recovery. Designed to develop those muscle fibres which are used for quick and intense tasks; improves the efficiency of oxygen use in the organism)
- Calories (quick progression up to the maximum resistance level, lasting for 2/3 of the workout)
- Fusion (high levels of cardio & strength intensity followed by periods of recovery. Designed to develop those muscle fibres which are used for quick and intense tasks; improves the efficiency of oxygen use in the organism)
- Manual (user-controlled workload)
- 2 x User-defined (custom programming for 2 people, to be saved for future use)
- 2 x Heart Rate (Heart Rate 1 is best for fat burning with a 60% projected heart rate maximum default, Heart 2 works better for cardiovascular conditioning with its 80% of projected heart rate maximum default.